Thursday 12 November 2009

Feeling a little Krabi? Part 1




After our rather action-packed week off (courtesy of the Booths Tours Bangkok Ltd), we really could have done with a holiday! Alas, the next one isn't until mid-December so we decided to go away for my birthday instead. We were booked up for a weekend in Krabi.

My birthday was on the Tuesday and (me being me) decided not only to celebrate on my actual birthday but to also eek it out for as long as possible. On the Tuesday night, J booked us in for dinner at the BedSupperClub. I'd been dying to go there from before we came to Thailand. In fact, is was probably the only thing in Thailand I found of interest before we arrived and was in awe of the stark white interior. It looked like a scene from a 70s sci-fi B movie.


Anyway, from the outside the club actually looks like a spaceship (aha, my suspicions were confirmed!). We arrived on time but found ourselves waiting outside for about 15 minutes whilst they opened up. This usually wouldn't bother me but that evening was, I'll have you know, rather chilly. I had to wear a cardi! I suspect the temperature only actually dropped to about 21 degrees but after the months of sweltering heat, it may as well have been freezing fog!

We were shown inside to a large white area; above us was a large white balcony. Our table was actually a sort of bed that extended around three sides of the restaurant. You take your shoes off and hop on (so to speak). We sipped mojitos and listened to music (yes, proper music-I was so excited!!) whilst, erm, lying in bed. We had pillows and everything. All we were short of was a duvet. Actually, blankets were available from behind the bar...



We had a very nice dinner and just when I thought we ought to polish off our drinks and get going, a man dressed, in what looked like white hospital robes, walked into the middle of the restaurant and lay down on the chaise-longe. He then proceeded to make himself comfortable and went to sleep! At this point, I was convinced that he must be on day-release from Bangkok Mental Hospital. Then, the music changed, the lights dimmed and a woman came out and began strutting round him in a rather elaborate costume (which was very nice actually, if you like that sort of thing. Bit fancy for day wear-too many frills). She then picked up a glass vial filled with red liquid and proceeded to pour it over his nether regions! I was beginning to wonder if day-release was extended to the entire hospital when the word 'LUST' flashed up on the screen above the DJs head and she sloped off.



We figured that as only 'LUST' had come up, we were in for another 6 deadly sins. About 10 minutes later, another very elaborately dressed woman, carrying a vial of purple liquid, came in and began walking round the same bloke. However, instead of pouring the liquid over him, she walked over to me and handed me the vial! What the hell was I supposed to do with it??! Gesturing for me to take part in this poor gentleman's ritual humiliation, I poured the contents over him, avoiding the nethers this time, in the shape of a cross. Very artistic! I don't actually know what 'sin' I was supposed to represent. I was too shocked to look at the screen. We sat through 'VANITY' and 'SLOTH' before leaving.


Anyway, as I said, one evening out (as great as it was), was not enough for me. So that weekend we took an hour-long flight to the beach resort of Krabi. Now, neither of us had heard of Krabi when we were back in England, but clearly we must have been the only ones. The resort had plenty of Brit, German, Aussie and Russian holidaymakers.

2 comments:

  1. Like your T-shirt Denise - "Little Miss Stubborn". Does Jon have a T-shirt to match his character - perhaps "Mr Grumpy"...or "Mr Messy"?...Sounds like it was a memorable birthday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was thanks, Neil. I've been keeping up with your adventures too. Think we'll have to go round that way ourselves at some point!

    ReplyDelete